Biodynamic Juice Fasting
We sleep to recharge our exhausted body, we take a rest from school or work during weekends and we go on vacation to leave our hectic lifestyle once in a while. However, we hardly give our digestive system a break from its highly demanding workload. The digestive system is considered the busiest system in our body, especially for those who are accustomed to overeating habit — an urban diet culture that has into many of us.
Fasting is a temporary retreat from a lifelong 3-meals-a-day routine (or 6 for some). Fasting gives our body an opportunity to shift the energy used for digesting food to repairing and healing our body. When we fast, it allows our body to eliminate nasty toxins that have been accumulated in our body fats and cells through improper diets, unhealthy lifestyles, emotional stress and environmental pollution.
- Restart your body’s self healing ability.
- Promote liver purification and strengthen its functions.
- Increase digestion power and nutrient absorption.
- Promote healthy metabolism and obtain ideal body weight.
- Reduce oxidative stress and slow down the aging process.
- Enhance mental clarity and alertness.
Begin your day with dry brushing your entire body with a natural bristle brush or loofah before taking your shower. After shower, drink a cup of Sonnentor Ginger Energy Tea to keep your body warm.
HOW Begin by brushing the outermost parts of your body (hands and feet) and brush in one direction only, towards the tummy. Then, brush all over your body towards the same direction as well. Avoid area of wounds, cuts or rashes. Take a shower after dry brushing to clean dead cells off your skin.
WHY DRY BRUSH This is one of the most wonderful daily routine you can do for your skin and lymphatic system. Dry brush twice daily before shower offers numerous benefits:
- It supports a healthy lymphatic circulation, therefore enhances detoxification and relieves water retention.
- It removes dead cells and reduces cellulites, therefore tightens, softens and firms your skin.
Twice a day, for only 5 minutes each, you can feel the improvement in overall vitality. Isn’t that great?
7am – 9am Take 2 cups of mixed juice:
½ cup is approximately 125ml.
10am Take 1 tablespoon of Flax Meal and 1 tablespoon of prune puree, mix into 200ml lukewarm water.
You need this drink to help you flush out what you don’t want to keep inside your body.
12pm – 2pm Take 2 cups of the mixed juice. These 2 cups of biodynamic juices can be quite filling.
4pm Be sure to take Flax Meal with prune puree again.
6pm – 8pm Drink 2 cups of the mixed juice as you relax in the calmness of the evening.
Dry brush with a loofah before taking shower or bath.
Reduce solid food intake gradually, at least 2 days before the first day of fasting.
Increase solid food intake gradually to avoid stomach discomfort. Allow the digestive system to adjust slowly to solid food. It can be the reverse of your pre-fast diet.
- As some may find Why Not?™ Sauerkraut Juice not to their liking, each of the serving can be replaced with 1 tablespoon of Why Not?™ Apple Cider Vinegar into half cup of water for similar result.
- Ginger Energy Tea can be drunk throughout the day, anytime before sunset.
- Why Not?™+ Tritox (consist of chlorella, barley grass and wheat grass powder) helps enhance liver purification. You may add one serving of it into your juice, anytime of the day. After Juice Fasting program, continue taking Tritox daily to support regular body detoxification.
- Take 1 cup of Sonnentor Fasting Tea a day helps in toxins elimination.
- You may also use some essential oils to enhance the fasting effect. The precious plant volatile compounds in these essential oils heal physically and mentally!
Lavender + Tea Tree: The combination of these immune boosting essential oils empower the white blood cells to eliminate nasty toxins, debris and mucus. The scent is so calming and relaxing, this peacefulness is essential for fasting.
How? Put 4 drops of Lavender essential oil and 2 drops of Tea Tree essential oil into a burner and inhale. Alternatively, you may put it on your handkerchief.Lemon + Bergamot: The combination of essential oils uplifts your body immunity and purifies the blood. The tangy refreshing scent from these citrus fruits is able to cheer up your fasting experience!
How? Put 4 drops of lemon essential oil and 2 drops of Bergamot essential oil into a burner and inhale. Alternatively, you may put it on your handkerchief.
FASTING IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, ladies during menstrual period, children below 12 years, those who are extremely underweight and people with kidney or heart diseases.
EVERY INGREDIENT COUNTS
- This is neither a starvation plan nor a crash diet. In fact, your body is continuously nourished with bountiful of nutrients found in the biodynamic fruit and vegetable juices, with minimal burden to the digestive system.
- The juices used contain a wide spectrum of natural colour pigments. These plant pigments act as antioxidants that protect and strengthen different organs in our body.
- Carrot juice is considered one of the most alkaline vegetable juice. It is highly beneficial for the digestive system and liver purification.
- Why Not?™ Vegetable Juice carries the essence of root vegetables such as beetroot and radish. Biodynamically grown root vegetables are naturally infused with life force from the earth. It is excellent in enhancing body’s self healing ability.
- The special combination of spices and herbs in Sonnentor Ginger Energy Tea promotes blood circulation, keeps the body warm and helps in enhancing detox process.
- Dietary fibre from Why Not?™ Flax Meal as well as the probiotic and enzymes in Why Not?™ Sauerkraut Juice support a healthy bowel movement and encourage a friendly environment which favours the growth of good bacteria.
Why Not?™ DIFFERENCES
- Certified biodynamic (Demeter). All Why Not?™ juices in this fasting program are biodynamic. Beyond organic, biodynamic agriculture is a more holistic approach to organic farming. It respects the ecological relationship in nature, as well as integrates astrological aspects in its farming in order to bring higher life-force into the crops and the planting environment. Specially formulated biodynamic preparations are used periodically to enrich the soil and revitalise the entire planting ground. These excellent conditions help produce exceptionally healthy and potent crops.
Demeter certification trademark is recognised and highly respected throughout the world as a symbol of the highest quality biodynamic produce.
- Not from fruit concentrates. All Why Not?™ juices are 100% pure juice, pressed directly from carefully selected fruits and vegetables grown using biodynamic farming method.
- Nutrient rich. Pasteurised in a special flash (short heat) pasteurising process followed by immediate re-cooling. This unique method preserves the fruit’s original taste, while retaining a large extent of the natural plant nutrients, such as antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- No added sugar, preservative and flavouring. Therefore, to harness the optimum nutritional benefits from Why Not?™ juices, refrigerate and consume it within 5 days once opened!