Organic Spiced Brown Rice
Recipe contributed by Helen Soong
Brown Rice = 2 cups (washed and soaked for 8 hrs)
Onion = 1 small (chopped)
Garlic = 1 pip (chopped)
Cardamon = 5 pcs
Cinnamon stick = 1 pc (4 cm)
Coriander pwd = 1 tsp
Tumeric pwd = 1/2 tsp
12 Herb salt = 1 tsp
Water = 3= 4 cups
Raisins = 1/2 cup
Toasted cashew nuts = 1/2 cup (optional)
1. Saute onion and garlic in cooking oil till fragrant.
2. Add in the spices. Stir fry for 1 minute. Then, add in the rice and mix well.
3. Finally, pour in the water and raisins.
4. Cook in a rice cooker until done.
5. Once done, give the rice a good stir to loosen the rice and to make sure the ingredients are well mixed.
6. Garnish with toasted cashew nuts. Serve warm.