Organic Green Lentil Stew
Recipe contributed by Helen Soong
Green Lentil = 150 g (washed and soaked 30 mins)
Onion = 1 med. (chopped)
Garlic = 2 pips ( chopped)
Coriander pwd = 1 tsp
12 Herb salt = 1 tsp
Thyme = 1/2 tsp
Oregano = 1/2 tsp
Potato – 1 med. (cubed)
Pumpkin = 1 segment (cubed)
Carrot – 1/2 pc (cubed)
French beans = few pcs ( cut into 4 cm length)
Tomato = 2 pcs (quartered)
Celery = 1 stalk ( cut into 2 cm length)
Vegetable broth/ water = 500ml
1. Saute onion and garlic in cooking oil until fragrant.
2. Next, add in the vegetables and give it a good stir.
3. Thirdly, add in all the spices and fry for one or two minutes. Add in the lentils.
4. Finally, pour in th broth/ water and simmer for 20 minutes or until the lentils is so soft.
5. Season with salt and pepper.