STEP 3: Liver REtreat
Remedy by Jack Schwartz
DURATION: 10 days
REMEDY (Amount required):
Organic Lemon Juice*: 2 tbsp
Organic Molasses: 1 tbsp
Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 1 tsp
Organic Cayenne Pepper: 1 pinch
Warm Water: ½ cup
* Certified Biodynamic (Demeter)
Mix well and drink first thing in the morning for 10 days continuously.
During liver REtreat, some may experience discomfort such as headache, fatigue, indigestion, etc. These are actually reversal syndrome which indicate that our body is recovering gradually from imbalance. The symptoms will disappear and you will soon regain your vitality.
Why liver flush?
Our liver (the largest internal organ) is perhaps the most congested of all organs in our body. Pesticides and food additives, bad fats, synthetic chemicals in household products, beauty and personal care products and medicines, etc can all disrupt the hundreds of intricate biochemical processes of the liver.
Exposure of radiation from mobile phones, computers, especially wireless devices is another silent liver killer. As most of us are spending almost all the time using these devices, it has become a critical health issue.
Liver disharmony is closely associated with emotional stress such as anger, impatience, frustration, hatred and anxiety. Accumulation of such emotions can increase blood acid level and intoxicate the liver.
When do you do it?
While avoiding both environmental and emotional harms are almost impossible, conducting a regular liver cleansing has therefore become essential.
- Constantly feeling angry, frustrated or depressed. Prone to mood swing or overly emotional.
- Tiredness, sleep disorder (particularly waking up at 3am in the morning).
- Dark circles under eyes, dull skin.
- Bad breath, body odour.
- Digestive disorders.
- High blood pressure.
- Liver performs at its peak from 1am to 3am. Overwork, sleep or eat too late will interfere liver detoxification function. Sleep before 10pm is best for your liver.
- Liver is the warmest organ of our body. Perform hot compress using chamomile or yarrow tea to protect your liver.
- Consume high fibre food to prevent constipation. Toxic waste stuck in the colon can be re-absorbed into the blood stream, causing self-poisoning and further burden to the liver.
- Liver purifying food:
- Dandelion tea
- Yarrow tea
- Bitter melon tea
- Milk thistle seeds
- Fenugreek seeds
- Turmeric powder
- Why Not?™ Tritox: Perfect combination of organic wheatgrass, barley grass and chlorella—the richest source of chlorophyll. Excellent for blood purification and to nourish your liver.
Next: Sunflower Oil Pulling