STEP 1: Kidney REtreat
DURATION: 10 days
REMEDY (Amount required): Organic Lemon Juice*: 10 bottles
* Certified Biodynamic (Demeter)
Take one bottle of Why Not?™ Organic Lemon Juice (200ml) or 6 fresh organic lemons daily, by diluting one part lemon juice to 7 parts of water. Drink throughout the day for 10 days consecutively.
Citric acid, a natural chemical compound present in lemons, helps to dissolve stones into fine sand-like particles and allows it to be passed out through urination. You may experience some mild discomfort if there are a lot of sand-like particles passing through the urinary duct.
Why kidney flush?
Our kidneys perform several life-sustaining roles: They filter about 180 litres of blood everyday, removing excess fluid and toxic waste metabolised by liver cells through urination. Kidneys maintain the balance of salt and minerals in our blood, controlling blood pH and regulate blood pressure.
Kidney stones formed when the kidneys are unable to process toxins efficiently. It is a crystallisation of unprocessed mineral built up, causing pain, stones, and possible blockage of urine flow.
Inadequate fluid intake (especially after sports), high intake of animal protein, high-salt or excessive sugar intakes can cause stone formation. People with medical conditions such as gout, diabetes, high blood pressure; and those on long term medication are at higher risk of developing kidney stones.
When do you do it?
Kidney REtreat is not only for people diagnosed with kidney stones. A healthy person should undergo Kidney REtreat on a yearly basis to purify and revitalise the kidneys.
- Back pain and blood in the urine.
- Burning sensation when urinating.
- Cloudy and bad smelling urine.
- Cool hands and feet (sign of poor blood circulation).
- Prone to skin allergy and infection.
- Often experience emotional stress such as worry, fear and anxiety.
- Drink plenty of water to enhance elimination and to prevent more kidney stones from forming.
- Drink diluted lemon juice mixture with a straw or rinse your mouth after drinking to prevent frequent contact of lemon juice with the tooth enamel.
- Adopt a vegetarian diet or cut down on animal protein. Go on a low fat and low salt diet throughout the REtreat.
- Those with lots of kidney stones may feel some pain during the REtreat. To reduce the discomfort, extend the REtreat period from 10 days to 20 days by drinking half bottle of lemon juice daily.
- The following foods have natural diuretic properties helpful for kidney cleansing. Consume throughout the REtreat.
- Birch tea
- Stinging nettle tea
- Corn hair/silk tea
- Dandelion tea
- Rosehip tea
- Black bean
- Kidney bean
Go to Step 2: Gallbladder REtreat