STEP 2: Gallbladder REtreat
DURATION: 6 days
REMEDY (Amount required):
Organic Apple Juice*: 8 bottles
Organic Lemon Juice*: 125ml
Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil*: 125ml
Epsom Salt: 2 tsp
* Certified Biodynamic (Demeter)
- Eat 4 to 5 apples (preferably organic) or drink 4 glasses (1 litre) of apple juice per day for 6 days. Apples help to soften gallstones.
- On the sixth day, stop eating after lunch but continue to drink apple juice. At 6pm, take one teaspoon of Epsom Salt in a glass of warm water. Repeat the same at 8pm. At 10pm, mix 125ml of lemon juice with 125ml of olive oil in a shaker, shake well and drink. Lemon juice helps to soften the bile duct. Olive oil stimulates excretion of bile which helps to flush stones out from the body.
- Right after drinking the mixture, lie down on your right, bend your knees and move them toward your chest (as illustrated). Stay in the position for at least 20 minutes. This helps to release the gallstones.
- Next morning, soften stones should be passed out through the bowel as floating particles.
Remarks: Gallstones may not completely soften and flushed out if they are too hard. If no stones are flushed out after the first REtreat, you may need to repeat the REtreat within 3 weeks. Drink chamomile tea frequently before the REtreats can help to dissolve the calcified stones more effectively.
Why gallstone flush?
When the liver is consistently stagnant, sediments often settle out of the bile and form residues that resemble stones, sand, or mud in the gallbladder. Since the gallbladder acts as a reservoir for bile, it becomes less efficient when clogged with sediments, causing acute problems when stones are lodged in the bile duct leading from the gallbladder to the duodenum. Gallbladder REtreat clears residues from the liver as well.
When do you do it?
Most people with gallstones (up to 80%) have no obvious symptoms. Often, they are surprised to see the number of stones flushed out after the REtreat.
- Tension in the back of the shoulders near the neck.
- Periodic pain below the right front side of the rib cage.
- Indigestion, belching and bloating.
- Intolerance for fatty or greasy food.
- Go on vegetarian diet throughout the REtreat. Avoid alcohol, oily and cold food.
- Drink at least 2 litres of water during the detox.
- For optimum result and your total wellbeing, 6 to 8 times of consecutive Gallbladder REtreats are recommended (no further than 3 weeks in between REtreats).
- If there are no stones flushed out in 2 consecutive REtreats, that means your body is free from gallstones and you may do Gallbladder REtreat twice a year for maintenance.
- Chronically ill people are advised to do gallstone flush to assist in their recovery.
Go to Step 3: Liver REtreat