Sweet & Sour Pine Nut Patty
1 packet shiitake mushroom, cut
1/2 packet soy chunk, The Bites (soak with 2 tbsp of water)
15g pine nuts, The Bites
120g whole meal flour, The Bites
20g arrowroot powder, The Bites
50 ml ginger juice
2 tbsp shoyu, The Bites
1 bowl grape seed oil, Why Not? (for deep frying)
Sweet and sour sauce
1 tbsp grape seed oil, Why Not?
200g tomato puree, alce nero
2 tsp balsamic vinegar, Why Not?
1 tsp apple cider vinegar, Why Not?
3 tbsp sugar, The Bites
1/2 tsp sea salt, The Bites
2 tsp arrowroot powder, The Bites (mix with 1 tbsp of water)
1 bowl of cubed capsicum, cucumber, pineapple and few chili slices.
1. Lightly roast the pine nuts in a pan.
2. Mix all the patties ingredients well in a bowl and let it marinate for a while. Shape the patty into small chunk.
3. Heat up the grape seed oil, deep fry them until golden brown colour and drain.
4. To prepare the sauce, cook the tomato puree and grape seed oil to boil, season with the vinegars, sugar and salt. Lastly, add the arrowroot powder water and cook to boil.
5. Decoratively, place the pine nut Pattie and cubed vegetables on a shallow bowl, pour over the sweet and sour sauce and serve.