Millet Coconut Pudding
This recipe is contributed by Elaine Dong.
This pudding would make a great breakfast or afternoon snack.
3/4 cup Millet, The Bites
3 cups Water
500ml Coconut milk
1 tsp Sea Salt, The Bites
4 tbsp Agave syrup
Various fruit toppings
1. Add millet and coconut milk to a saucepan, add water and bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat for about an hour, or until pudding thickens.
2. Stir pudding occasionally to prevent sticking. It should have the consistency of rice porridge.
3. Add agave syrup and stir. *
4. Prepare jars and bowls to pour the pudding into. Spoon the pudding into the jar.
5. Put the pudding in the fridge to chill. When taken hot, the pudding tastes like bubur gandum, a local sweet porridge dessert made of wheat.
6. When it’s chilled, garnish with your favourite fruit topping. They can be durian, mixed berries, grapes, etc. Be creative!
* You may add some vanilla extract as natural flavouring in Step 3.